Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > need help setting up a new bcm
need help setting up a new bcm

3577 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-12 17:37:58

•   Level 2   
    (15) points
    nismoautoxr
    2015-06-12 16:38:47

I installed a reman. BCM from GM in a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am today and I cannot get the BCM setup so that the SDM key works therefore the airbag light is on and B1001 is set in the SDM. When I attempt to setup the BCM the message on the screen says BCM locked ...see service information. Is this a problem with my BCM or is the Maxisys mini not capable of doing it?

Thanks ,

Ricky

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-12 17:37:58 (Reply to:nismoautoxr)

Hi yes the maxi-sys is capable of setting up sdm key in bcm, the problem is you bought a reman bcm which is the same as used but fixed. this remanufacture bcm has the previous vehicle vin number, the reason for the code B1001. you can try flashing this bcm on line or with tis2000  and a pass thru to rewrite the original vehicle's vin number back to this bcm  ( not possible with the maxi sys)but keep in mind some bcm can not be rewritten, they will just simply locked and a new one must be installed and set up with the tech2  and probably with the maxi-sys, have not tried.  some bcm stores the vehicle mileage and for that reason they can not be re-flashed and have to be replaced or simply just do the vtd and start the vehicle and forget the rest. you can only set up sdm key in bcm when the bcm is new or has the same vin number as sdm.       note :  the dealer should have sold you a bcm with your vehicle vin number already written if is remanufactured. ask them about it. good luck.
  Total1 Pages